Архив форума "Клуб любителей DVD" с 2000 по 2014гг

вот, кстати, наша переписька(+)

Автор: doussia
<why_jazz@mail.ru>

Дата: 21.12.02, @16:07

  -----Original Message-----
From: Andrei Gigovsky [mailto:andrei@metres.ru]
Sent: 19 December 2002 08:58
To: info@myryad.co.uk
Subject: need advice on Myryad z120 dvd player

Hi!
I bought a z120 dvd player a week ago. When I took the player home, the first impression of the sound when playing a cd was a very shallow, almost nonexistent bass. The player at the shop did not seem to have this problem. Further, as it plays on, either I am getting used to its performance, or the player is "warming up".

Need your advice on bringing the player up to normal performance level:

1. How much "warm-up" time does this player need to produce its best sound?

2. Do I need to use a "burn-in" cd that are on sale in hi-fi shops? If so, then for how long?

3. Is there any use in those "audiophile tricks and magic" such as metal cones that are used instead of rubber pad feet supplied by default by your plant?

4. Do AC current conditioners have any effect on the bass reproduction of such equipment? The mains in Moscow is, as they say, full of high frequency dictortions...

Or, maybe, this shallow bass as I hear it is typical for Myryad products?

Thanks you very much in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Andrei
Moscow, Russian Federation

'Dear Mr. Gigovsky,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have not had any other comments from the marketplace about poor bass from the Z120 DVD player when playing CDs - indeed most responses have been very positive. I would expect that you would hear some improvements in sound quality as the player "runs-in". I don't think you need special burn-in CDs - just put in an ordinary disc on "REPEAT ALL" and leave it running overnight. If you do this for a few days the player should reach its full potential.

There aren't any special accessories (feet etc.) from Myryad but you may well find that such items improve the sound of your Z120 - you will have to experiment. Similarly, I would expect that a line conditioner could give you some improvements, but this is not something we have tried with the Z120.

As you are clearly a keen audiophile, I suggest you arrange to try out some of these ideas - and purchase when you find something with which you are happy.

With best regards,

Chris Evans
Technical Director
Myryad Systems Ltd.